Humans are itchy beings. Whether it’s allergies, bug bites, or a long standing skin irritation like psoriasis, chances are you have something in your medicine cabinet to combat it.
And I have something better.
My fiance has psoriasis, so when I started this blog and started exploring Pinterest, he asked me if I couldn’t find something to help. He was already a huge fan of my Magical Butter Lotion (we keep it on the nightstand and use it often) so he had faith that I could deliver.
This ointment has three ALL NATURAL ingredients and all you need is a jar, a spoon and a microwave.
I used coconut oil, olive oil, and steel cut oats – all ingredients used to soothe and soften skin, and the combination is magical.
– Sealing jar
– Coconut OIL
– Olive Oil
– Steel cut oats
– Microwave safe bowl
- Take 1/2 cup of coconut oil and microwave slowly, in about 15 second intervals, until fully melted. Stir until smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup of olive oil and stir
- Take 1/2 cup of steel cut or old fashioned oats and blend them to a fine powder in a blender or food processor. I also added a handful of oats not cut for texture.
- Stir the oats into the oil mixture and place in a jar with a lid that seals.
- Set it in a cool, dry place for a few days.
- When it solidifies, it will have the texture of a thick Vaseline.
- Apply liberally and itches begone!
What do you use from your medicine cabinet every day?