I am on a scented kick lately. Now that fall is here, I have gone through all of my scented votives and tarts and have set out all my favorite fall scents – pumpkin pie, apple crumble, and caramel. We almost always have candles lit and our candle warmer on.
However, sometimes you don’t want to deal with plugging things in or remembering to blow out candles. So I came up with a great alternative.
Homemade gel fragrance jars – just like the ones you would buy at the store!
They’re easy to make and easy to customize with whatever flavor or scent you want!
What You Need:
– Large jar or other glass container (we love Ball jars!)
– 3 packets of unflavored gelatin
– 1.5 cups boiling water
– 1.5 cups cold water
– 1/8 to 1/4 cup essential oil, perfume, or other liquid fragrance, depending on how strong you would like the scent. I chose Red Velvet Cake essential oil – it smells AMAZING!
- Heat 1.5 cups water until near boiling. Pour into container of choice
- Empty all three packets of gelatin into the water and stir until it dissolves
- Slowly add 1.5 cups of COLD water and continue stirring
- Add your fragrance oil, stir, and you’re done!
- Set the jar in a cool, dark place to solidify. DON’T PUT IT IN THE FRIDGE! It will make the gel crack.
I have one of these sitting beside our bed. They last for about a month and when it doesn’t smell anymore, you can empty it out and do it all over again!
What scent would you choose?