Happy New Year, followers! I hope the year brings you much health and happiness!
I was so sad this week. Bob Evan’s used to make this wonderful, refrigerated hash brown bake – a cheesy, buttery, creamy mess of potatoes. I used to get a tray once or twice a month as a delicious treat. But much to my disappointment, they have STOPPED making it.
Rather than curl into a ball of tears and weep, I decided I needed to make my own version. And it is almost as delicious as the real thing! I made it as a side for our first dinner of the New Year, and my fiance and sister loved it! I hope you do too!
Quadruple Cheese Hashbrown Casserole
1 bag of Bob Evans Seasoned Shredded Hashbrowns
1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
4 ounces of softened cream cheese
8 ounces of sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup Kraft Triple Cheddar (with Philadelphia cream cheese) shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Liberally butter a casserole or baking pan
3. Combine the condensed soup and milk. Add salt and pepper and stir until smooth.
4. Add the cream cheese and sour cream together and beat until fluffy in a mixing bowl.
5. Slowly add the milk mixture to the cheese mixture and beat
6. Add the potatoes to the cheese mixture and make sure all the potatoes are coated
7. Fill the baking pan with potatoes
8. Sprinkle with Kraft Triple Cheddar and bake for 45 minutes at 350
It’s rich and satisfying and you will love it!