One of our favorite meals is a throw back to my days in college. My roommate and I discovered this dish during our sophomore year of college, and it is still a favorite of mine today.
Kraft Deluxe Mac and Cheese is something you will find in any college student’s pantry, but it is SO MUCH better (if that can be believed) when you mix in some meat and vegetables. It is enough for four servings, so we could eat for two nights on this.
Now that I’m married, my husband and I like to make this on nights when we’re tired.
Chicken, Cheese ‘N Peas Skillet
One box of Kraft Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese
1/2 cup of canned peas
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
4 cups of water
2 cups of milk
1. Take a large saucepan and boil four cups of water. Add the macaroni and cook as per the box’s direction.
2. In another lightly oiled skillet, cook the two chicken breasts for about five minutes on each side, medium heat, until cooked through. Chop into cubes and set aside.
3. Add the cheese sauce and two cups of milk to the cooked pasta. Stir until coated and take off the heat.
4. Stir in the canned peas and chicken and serve!
We also love this meal with bacon thrown in as well! Try it with your favorite meat or vegetable. It’s a great way to slip them in if you have some picky eaters in your house.
My favorite part of this meal is the price.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Kraft Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese: $1.50
- Canned Peas: $0.79
- 6 oz Chicken Breasts: $2.00
That’s a grand total of $4.29. or $1.07 a serving!