If there is something I like more than Mac & Cheese, I don’t know what it is. It is a staple of our household. Tender pasta, creamy, cheesy sauce, and a crunchy, buttery top is a little piece of heaven for me, especially when it is fresh out of my own kitchen.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the stuff in the blue box. You’re never too old for that. But this six cheese version will change how you look at typical Mac & Cheese. I make it for holidays and sometimes just for dinner. It’s great with a side of peas.
Try it and let me know what you think!
Six Cheese Mac & Cheese
- 1 pound of elbow macaroni or shells
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick of butter, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 4 ounces of Velveeta, cubed
- 1 cup mild cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup Colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 Ritz crackers, crushed
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bring 8 cups of water to boil and add pasta. Cook 10 minutes. Strain pasta and set aside
- Melt one stick of butter over medium heat. Add milk and stir.
- Add cubed Velveeta and cream cheese to milk and butter mix and stir until melted
- Add the mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, and colby jack and stir until melted
- Lightly beat the two eggs and add to the cheese mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat
- Butter a large casserole dish and add the cooked pasta
- Pour fully melted cheese mixture over the pasta and stir
- Melt two tablespoons of butter and combine with the mozzarella, parmesan and Ritz crackers. Sprinkle mixture over the pasta.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes
This Mac and Cheese is super cheesy, extra creamy, and absolutely delicious.