I hope you all had a lovely Easter/Passover/April weekend! This year was our first hosted holiday as married couple so it was very exciting. I did a ton of cooking and baking and everything was well received by family.
Sometimes I have a hard time deciding between cake and cookies when I am in the kitchen. But luckily, for those times when I am stuck, I have the perfect middle ground dessert – cake batter cookies.
They have three ingredients and you can choose whatever kind of cake mix you like – another favorite of ours is Devil’s Food with crushed Oreos or mint candies. I picked Funfetti just because I love the buttery taste of yellow cake and the colorful sprinkles. They were moist on the inside, crunchy on the outside – the perfect taste of cake with the crunch of a cookie.
All you need to do is mix them up, roll them into balls, and you’re ready to bake!
Cake Batter Cookies
- 1 Box of Funfetti Cake Mix (or other flavor)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Grease a large cookie sheet
- Combine the cake mix, oil, and eggs and stir until combined. It will be like a thick, stiff dough.
- Roll the dough into one inch balls and drop them on to the cookie sheet. Lightly press down on each one with the back of a spoon
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.